Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2016

"Yes, I wash my car"

     I watched their jaw drop as I said it. Believe it or not, I really DO like the thing to be clean.


     My stewardship of this car revolves around the basic premise that I respect it. That means respecting the mechanical components as well as the history it has accumulated over the last 44 years, since it was lovingly crafted by some (and I'm going out on a limb here) hungover Bavarians.

     I don't lay dirty or heavy tools or other objects on the paint (or what passes for paint) and I really don't like seeing people rest beer cans on it…although I refuse to be uptight about it. It's a car to be saved and enjoyed by everyone. I like seeing people smile.

     So, in preparation for next week's drive, I have washed it. With real car soap. And I even cleaned the wheels…by hand…with a paint brush. And I put stuff on the rubber and vinyl to give it a little sheen. And the clock even works.


BEHOLD! 





Observe how the water glistens off the thing, like dew on a young lily petal! Like a newborn fawn or baby bunny, waking up after a summer dawn shower!


Yeah. It's just like that. 

3 comments:

  1. We’re Peak Performance Power Sports. Honest prices, personal attention and a true love for all things motors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fridley Minnoco, is Family operated and an independently owned, Full Service Repair Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a full service carwash. We do the job bumper to bumper, inside and outside. We care about your vehicle, and our employees and management reflect this.

    ReplyDelete